Monday 13 May 2013

An introduction to 'The Women In My Life'



The idea for this blog is very simple. I know some truly inspirational women and I wanted to create a space to share their stories. All of the women have made a positive impression on my life in one way or another. Some are close friends, others I have met whilst working on various projects. 

The only common thread is that all of the women are down to earth, clever, hard- working, genuine, and great fun to be around. Forget about their age or job title, what's important is the lessons that can be learned from listening to the stories they have to tell. 

I want to put the spotlight on these women because I strongly believe we need more female role models. In my experience women will happily talk about the success of their products, their team, their organisation or their family but are less forthcoming when asked to promote their own success. I knew if I asked the participants to write me an article about their achievements and how brilliant they are that I would be faced with an empty Inbox. So, I came up with the idea that I would interview them instead and I'll do the trumpet blowing!

Initially I have approached ten women to feature, the interviewee will then invite a woman in her life to be interviewed. In business and in life we all need a strong foundation to survive life's storms. My hope is that 'The Women In my Life' blog will provide a collection of articles that people can relate to, and that will motivate and inspire others to believe in themselves.  If just one person benefits from reading this blog, then I've achieved what I set out to do.

You can subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the relevant box on the right hand side or follow me on twitter @AnnieBeee and search for the hashtag #WomenInMyLife.

I really hope you enjoy reading this blog and please do share the articles with your networks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment